Sunday, January 09, 2005

Getting Started

This blog will be the writing commons for myself and for my students. This term the class involved will be an upper-division Baccalaureate Core course called Understanding Grammar. I have not used a blog before, nor have most of my students. My inspiration was a visit to our campus by Laura Gurak from the University of Minnesota. Laura is involved in the online publication Into the Blogosphere. She talked about using blogs in her graduate seminar. Since I am trying to bring more technology to our Writing Across the Curriculum program, I want to try using blogging in my own teaching.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Lisa Ede said...

I'm glad to see this blog up and running. As a writing teacher and someone interested in blogs and other forms of online communication, I'm looking forward to seeing how this blog develops.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home